Yes, it is National Ice Cream Month and it is quite official!
In 1984 President Reagan proclaimed July to be National Ice Cream Month and recognized ice cream as a fun and nutritious food that is enjoyed by a full 90% of the nation’s population. In the proclamation, President Reagan called for all people of the United States to observe these events with “appropriate ceremonies and activities.” So it is almost our civic duty to eat ice cream more frequently in July.
In theme with this month’s celebration we picked 10 To-Dos challenge a true ice cream fan would put him/herself up to this month:
- Visit 3 new ice cream stands
- Try 3 new flavors, here are the new ones for Perry’s in 2012 – NEW FLAVORS
- Try a non-classic banana split
- Eat ice cream for breakfast
- Eat a new homemade Sundae
- Make an ice cream cake and share with friends and family – lots of ideas HERE and HERE
- Share a scoop with someone you love
- Take your parents/grandparents (and/or grandchildren) out for ice cream
- Eat ice cream while splashing in a pool, lake, river or the ocean!
- Try Perry’s new All Natural Premium Ice Cream!
Join in! … And comment below if you have any other ideas. And post pictures to our Facebook wall!