Our Flag cake is quite a popular recipe. This year, however, we decided to introduce an alternative and, possibly, a serious competition: 4th of July Ice Cream round cake!
4th of July Ice Cream Cake
For the cake:
- 1.5 qt of Perry’s Ice Cream Vanilla, All Natural Vanilla Bean Ice Cream or French Vanilla
- 1 pt of blueberries
- 1 pt of raspberries or strawberries
For the cake crust:
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- whipped cream (optional)
- caramel or chocolate sauce (optional)
- Prepare the crust, spread the crumbs in the bottom of a round spring form pan, cool down. To make the graham cracker pie crumbs, preheat the oven to 350°F. Stir together the melted butter and graham cracker crumbs. Spoon out graham cracker crumbs onto a small baking sheet and bake for 7-10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Bonus – the whole house fills with graham cracker aroma goodness – better than any scented candle!
- As you are pulling the graham cracker crumbs out of the oven, take the ice cream out of the freezer to temper, so it is easy to spread into the form later.
- Once the crumbs are cooled off, layer ice cream in the cake form on top of the crumbs, freeze for 20-30 minutes.
- Pull the cake our of the freezer and layer the fruit on top, return the cake to the freezer until you are ready to serve.