Share the recipes. Share the love.
Halloween Candy Corn Ice CreamTime: Active time: 20 minutes
submit a comment | view comments
- Perry's Vanilla ice cream
- Food coloring (or fruit - see note below)
- Whipped cream
- Candy corn or Halloween sprinkles
- Let the ice cream soften for about 20 minutes, it needs to be quite soft for adding color (or fruit).
- Divide ice cream into thirds into 3 separate mixing bowls. The exact amount of ice cream depends upon the size of the clear cups or glasses that you will be using and the number of servings needed. In general, you will need a minimum of 1 1/2 cups of ice cream per person.
- Add yellow food coloring to one bowl and stir until the desired shade of yellow is achieved.
- Add orange food coloring to the second bowl. Alternatively, use a combination of yellow and red to make orange. Use 2 drops of yellow for every 3 drops of red until the desired shade of orange is achieved.
- Add a layer of yellow-colored vanilla ice cream to the bottom of a clear plastic cup or glass. Freeze the layer for a couple minutes (optional).
- Next, add a layer of the orange-colored vanilla ice cream on top of the yellow layer. Freeze the layer for a couple minutes again (optional).
- Finally, add a layer of non-colored vanilla ice cream on top of the orange layer.
- The cups can now be placed in the freezer until ready to be served.
- Before serving, top with whipped cream and garnish with any type of Halloween candy or sprinkles.