Perry’s Top 7 Tips for Celebrating the Best Month of the Year!
As if we need another reason to eat ice cream, our favorite month of the year, July – National Ice Cream Month is upon us! We are sharing our top tips for celebrating all month long!
A scoop of history
So, who was the brilliant brain child of this wonderful recognition of America’s favorite frozen treat? Believe it or not, back in 1984 then President Ronald Reagan designated July as National Ice Cream Month and the third Sunday in July as National Ice Cream Day (this year that’s July 19th). He recognized ice cream as a fun and nutritious food that is enjoyed by over 90% of the nation’s population. Looking for more history? Check out the the International Dairy Foods Association!
Tip #1: Create a DIY at home ice cream sundae bar
Ok, we have given you a reason and this is a really easy way to enjoy a summer moment at home. Sundae bars are fun to create too. All you need to go with your Perry’s Ice Cream is a variety of cool dishes, mason jars and colorful containers filled with a variety of your favorite toppings. Get fancy or keep it simple, the most important part is the time with the people you love!
Tip #2: Explore New Flavors with Flight tastings!
What a perfect way to explore new flavors! Yes, you feel obligated to get the tried and true family favorites like Panda Paws and Cookies and Cream, but what about the other 64 ice cream flavors Perry’s has to offer? Nothing like National Ice Cream month to try something new!
Of course, we can make a few recommendations, yet the possibilities are endless.
- Fresh and Fruity: Parker House, Black Raspberry, Rocky Mountain Raspberry and Orange Twist
- Decadent and Delicious: Bitter Sweet Sinphony, Orange Dark Chocolate Twist, Tuxedo and Death by Chocolate
- Bakery Inspired: Peanut Butter Cookie, Almond Sundae Cake, Southern Pecan and French Vanilla
Tip #3: Experiment with ice cream pairings
Ice Cream makes any dessert better (pretty sure this is a proven fact). Supporting examples: brownies, pie, cobblers, crumbles, streusel, bread pudding, tarts, baked, grilled and glazed fruits, cakes,…I think I proved my point. (P.S. you must have Perry’s for your family’s signature desserts).
Tip #4: Create Crazy Milkshakes!
We challenge you to think beyond vanilla or chocolate ice cream to make a milk shake! These Perry’s Ice Cream flavors (most likely in your freezer) make amazing milk shakes!
- Tuxedo is a Neapolitan of dark chocolate, coffee and vanilla. Blended together this is a Mocha Frappuccino!
- Super Hero Milk Shake. Tastes like a favorite kid’s cereal. Think: Fruity Pebbles.
- Peanut Butter Cup Milk Shake. Amazing! There will be a surprise at the bottom of your glass. You guessed it, a slug of peanut butter!
- Now let’s get crazy and mix Maple Walnut with Cookie Dough! Can you say ultimate cookie milk shake!
Have fun and be sure to share a pic of your creation with us on social #perrysicecream.
Tip #5: Cool off with Ice Cream Floats
Ice Cream Month is HOT. Cool down with the classic combination of ice cream and soda (aka, pop if you are from our Western New York region). A classic is of course the root beer float, but you know us, we are the flavor creators and like to experiment (Pro Tip: Saranac craft sodas have an amazing selection!).
- Orange Twist with orange cream soda
- Vanilla with Shirley Temple soda
- All American with Black Cherry Cream soda
Tip #6: No-Bake Ice Cream Cake!
No one wants to turn their oven on in July! If you really want to go all out, there are many recipes for fun, no-bake ice cream cake creations. Or to keep it super easy on these long hazy summer days, we have four new Sundae Cake Flavors: Almond, Chocolate, Strawberry and Yellow Sundae Cake. Simply scoop and serve!
Tip #7: Visit Local Ice Cream Stands!
Bottom line, make sure you take a moment and celebrate the best of summer with our National Ice Cream Month tips (your family will thank you for it!).
Contributors: Gayle Perry Denning, Paige Denning and Marissa Wilson