There’s nothing like summertime in Western New York! From enjoying a relaxing day in the beautiful outdoors to thrill-seeking adventures, there are endless fun-filled activities this time of year. Of course, no summer day is complete without ice cream! We’ve rounded up a list of summertime activities where you can top off your day with a sweet treat from Perry’s Ice Cream!
1. Charcoal Corral (7037 Chapman Ave, Perry NY 14530) – From a miniature golf course, two drive in movie screens, live entertainment, car shows and a full restaurant serving up scrumptious food, there’s no shortage of family fun at the Charcoal Corral. What makes a fun-filled day even better? Ice cream of course! Charcoal Corral’s retro-themed ice cream parlor serves up all your favorite ice cream treats, including 34 rotating flavors of Perry’s Ice Cream.
2. Riverworks (359 Ganson Street Buffalo, NY 14203) – Take in the scenic Buffalo River while enjoying a unique blend of indoor and outdoor activities that include everything from Riverland rides to a ropes course and so much more. Be sure to check out Riverworks’ concert schedule, too! Top off the day with a scoop of Perry’s ice cream, located inside Riverworks.
3. Letchworth (Lower Falls Restaurant, Dam Overlook Café, 1 Letchworth State Park, Castile NY 14227) – Known as “the Grand Canyon of the east”, there is much to explore at Letchworth! After working up an appetite following a day of camping, hiking, picnicking, kayaking, rafting and more, head to the Dam Overlook Café to grab a refreshing ice cream cone.
4. Niagara Amusement Park and Splash World (2400 Grand Island Blvd, Grand Island NY 14072) – What’s more summer than a trip to the amusement park? Get all the thrills on the rides and stay cool in the water park. Find Perry’s at the Golden Nugget Saloon!
5. Buffalo Zoo (300 Parkside Drive Buffalo, NY 14214) – Mammals, birds, reptiles, Amphibians, fish, invertebrates—there are so many new friends to meet at the zoo. Be sure to grab a scoop of Perry’s during your next Buffalo Zoo adventure.
6. Explore & More (130 Main Street Buffalo, NY 14202) – With four floors for children to explore, it’s easy to work up an appetite playing all day. What makes Explore & More even more memorable is the seven educational play zones that uniquely tell the story of Buffalo! Find Perry’s at the lower level of Explore & More during your day of play!
7. Niagara Falls State Park (Niagara Falls State Park Visitors Center 1 Prospect Point Niagara Falls, NY 14302) – Take in the awe-inspiring scenery at Niagara Falls. Spend the day checking out attractions like Cave of the Winds and Maid of the Mist, explore the exhibits, hike and dine. All that adventure might have you craving a treat! Find Perry’s Ice Cream at the Visitors Center at 1 Prospect Pint or at the Niagara Falls Adventure Theatre, located at 21 Mayor Michael O’Laughlin Drive, Niagara Falls, NY.
8. Harris Farmer’s Market and Greenhouse (8481 Ridge Road Gasport, NY 14067) – Stock up on locally grown fruits, veggies, pies, jams and more! Visit the greenhouse for a variety of beautiful plants. Keep an eye out for upcoming special events. Grab your favorite Perry’s flavor while you’re here!
9. Hidden Valley Animal Adventure (2887 Royce Road Varysburg NY 14167) – Get ready for a safari adventure in WNY! Take your vehicle through over 2 miles of trails where you can meet nearly 300 animals! Be sure to walk through the Small Animal Adventure as well! Grab a bite to eat the Trailside Grill and indulge in Perry’s Ice Cream at Bessie’s Creamery.
10. Genesee Country Museum (1410 Flint Hill Road Mumford, NY 14571) – Time travel to a sprawling 19th-century historic village in New York state’s largest living history museum! Explore the pioneer settlement, center village, gaslight district, historic dining, the heirloom gardens and even learn about the history of baseball! Nature trails and rotating exhibits and events keep your adventure fresh. Check out The Depot Restaurant or The Pavilion Garden Restaurant for a scoop of Perry’s!
Make the most of your summer by exploring not only all that WNY has to offer, but a variety of craveable Perry’s Ice Cream flavors, too! If you’re looking for a particular flavor near you, use our Flavor Finder!
Mind if we tag along?
Snap a photo or video and tag @perrysicecream on your adventure! We love to see and reshare all the ways you’re enjoying Perry’s!
Contributor: Kristin Rozewski