Make Your Favorite Ice Cream Shop Famous!
July 15, 2011
They take National Ice Cream Month quite seriously over at Real Simple, we realized:
- There is a whole daily blog devoted to all things ice cream!
- There is an interview with ice cream expert chef David Lebovitz.
- There are several posts on not too complicated homemade ice cream recipes.
Kristin, the chief ice cream explorer of Real Simple is going one step further and asking all of us to help decide on the best mom-and-pop ice cream shop around. This is where we all come in displaying pride for our favorite ice cream shops!
So, next time you are at your favorite place (which has to be this weekend, because Sunday, July 17 is National Ice Cream day) there should be 3 things on the agenda:
- Enjoy your favorite scoop, … or two … or three
- snap a photo of your favorite store
- snap a photo of you and your ice cream
Once home, just a couple more things to fulfill your ice cream duty and REALLY celebrate National Ice Cream Day:
1) Send the shop’s photo to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the following things:
- the name of the ice cream parlor
- the city and state where it is located
- the website (if they have one)
- your name
- your favorite flavor
Real Simple will be sharing the photos in a gallery of the best ice cream spots IN THE COUNTRY on RealSimple.com.
2) Summit the other photo of you and your ice cream to our Facebook Picture Perfect Summer Sweepstakes – that’s all you need to do for a chance to receive a YEAR SUPPLY of Perry’s!
Now, that’s the proper way to celebrate the occasion (in our opinion)! How will YOU be celebrating?